This junction is just south of Mount Florida station. Here the Cathcart District Railway of 1886 is met, on either side, by lines from the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway of 1904. Of the 1904 lines the south east bound line simply runs south and east to Cathcart East Junction, the northbound line burrows under the Cathcart District to reach Cathcart East. It passes under at a location which was once a road, realigned further west for the opening of the L&A.
The signal box here, opened in 1903, was located on the west side of the original line south of the north junction with the east junction to north junction single track flying round its west side. It replaced the box to the north of Cathcart station which controlled access to the goods yard.
Cathcart North Junction box was closed and replaced by Cathcart Power Box, nearby just across the original line tracks on their east side, in 1961.
| Cathcart Power Box|
White Cart Water Viaduct
Cathcart East Junction
Cathcart West Junction
Aikenhead Colliery Nos 1 and 2
Mallsmire Firebrick Works
Govan Coal work
Govan Colliery Pit No 6
Pollokshaws East Goods
Hampden Park Stadium
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1897||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Giffen Junction) to Newton, Lugton L and A Junction, Clarkston West Junction to Clarkston East Junction, Muirend to Clarkston East Junction, Kirkhill Junction to Newton, Kirkhill Junction to Westburn Junction, Cathcart West Junction to Cathcart, two single track Cathcart East Junction to Cathcart North Junction links. Railways 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 authorised to be made by the Caledonian Railway.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland