This is an island platform station. It retains the original single storey platform building with glazed canopies, typical of the Cathcart District Railway. The building has been renovated and canopies re-glazed on several occasions.
Access is by steps from Niddrie Road and Victoria Road. The Niddrie Road approach carries along the trackbed by a fenced footway for a little distance before reaching the platform.
To the north is Pollokshields East station and to the south is Crosshill station.
The station had a small signal box on the island platform, at the north end of the station building. It closed in 1961, replaced by Cathcart Power Box and Muirhouse Power Box.
South Side [CR]
South Side [GB and NDR]
Shields Road [CGU]
Shields Road [GPJ]
| Muirhouse South Junction [1st]|
Muirhouse South Junction
Muirhouse Central Junction
Muirhouse Power Box
Glasgow Museum of Transport [1st]
Muirhouse North Junction
Govan Coal work
Pollokshields East Junction
Muirhouse Engineering Works
Central Station Junction
Larkfield Carriage Sidings
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/03/1886||Cathcart District Railway|
Cathcart Junction to Mount Florida opened for passengers. Stations at Pollokshields East, Queens Park, Crosshill, Mount Florida.