This is an island platform station, with a narrow platform and original station building.
The building is a narrower form of that which was found elsewhere on the Cathcart District Railway. It featured wooden seating built into the framework supporting the roof, these seats are now gone.
There was a signal box on the platform north of the station building. This opened with the line and closed with the opening of Cathcart Power Box in 1961, also controlled by Muirhouse Junction box.
Access is by steps from Albert Road.
To the north west is Queens Park station and to the south is Mount Florida station.
South Side [CR]
South Side [GB and NDR]
Main Street Gorbals
| Colliery Works|
Govan Coal work
Queens Park Locomotive Works
Mallsmire Firebrick Works
Central Station Junction
Polmadie Signal Box
Glasgow Museum of Transport [1st]
Hampden Park Stadium
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/03/1886||Cathcart District Railway|
Cathcart Junction to Mount Florida opened for passengers. Stations at Pollokshields East, Queens Park, Crosshill, Mount Florida.
|01/01/1917||Cathcart District Railway|
Pollokshields East and Crosshill stations closed for wartime economies.
|01/06/1919||Cathcart District Railway|
|06/04/1964||Glasgow, Paisley Kilmarnock and Ayr RailwayArdrossan Railway|
Irvine (Byrehill Junction) to Stevenston (Dubbs Junction) closed to passengers. Ardrossan to Kilmarnock service via Crosshill withdrawn.