Opened on the North British Railway.
This is a two platform station. The station had a third platform for the Haddington branch on the south side.
At the east of the station was the junction for the Haddington branch. The branch and former North British Railway main line ran parallel for some way before separating.
A buffer can be found, mouldering away, at the east end of the station on the south side. This is from the Longniddry Shed siding.
The line between Edinburgh Waverley, North Berwick and Dunbar is supported and promoted by the East Lothian Community Rail Partnership .
Seton Mains Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Longniddry Manure Siding
St Germains Level Crossing
Penston Briar Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian