This was the terminus of the Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway. It is now a housing estate.
The terminus was opened south of the village and east of its original centre. It was a single platform terminus, a platform on the north side of a loop, with a goods yard to the north. Approach was from the south west. It was originally intended that the line run on to the east to North Berwick.
The station closed in 1932, although railtours could still be accommodated. The box, at the west end of the platform, had closed in 1929. Gullane Shed, at the east end of the platform, also closed.
The West Fenton Narrow Gauge Railway ran south east to the West Fenton Aerodrome. This 2ft line ran from the south side of the station to the aerodrome from 1915. By 1920 it was out of use and dismantled.
A station cottage remains, in modified form, to the north of the station site.
North Berwick [1st]
Seton Mains Halt
| Gullane Shed|
North Berwick Shed
North Berwick Goods
Chesters Hill Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|12/09/1932||Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway|
Gullane to Longniddry (Aberlady Junction) closed to passengers. Aberlady and Gullane closed.
|15/06/1964||Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway|
Gullane to Longniddry (Aberlady Junction) closed to freight. Line closed.
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)