Opened on the Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway.
This was the terminus of the Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway, a line originally intended to extend east to North Berwick.
The station was laid out with plenty of space on a near west-east alignment. It was approached from the south west. Alongside the passenger platform was a loop, the platform being on the north side of this. The goods yard was to the north of this, with sidings loading banks.
When built the station was to the east of the village, which has expanded east to reach the site.
The signal box closed in 1921, replaced with a ground frame.
Closure to passengers was in 1932 and completely closure was in 1964.
The site is now a housing estate.
Seton Mains Halt
North Berwick [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Longniddry Manure Siding
St Germains Level Crossing
Chesters Hill Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)