Drem

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Drem (1846-)

Opened on the North British Railway.

Open on the North Berwick Line.
Open on the Edinburgh to Berwick.


Description

This is a two platform station served by local trains from Edinburgh Waverley to North Berwick. There is a small car park.

This is a very good example of a small North British Railway station. The original single storey stone built station building stands on the eastbound platform and a timber waiting shelter on both platforms. (Apparently accidentally demolished by a contractor and rebuilt.)

The goods shed was at the east end, north side of the line. Of this a single siding survives for Permanent Way use.

Immediately to the east are loops on either side of the line and Drem Junction where trains leave the East Coast Main Line to join the North Berwick Branch (North British Railway).


Tags

Station.

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map

Facilities

Gaelic name: An Druim
Listing: B