This line is open. The station at Largs, which was demolished by a run-away train, has been re-built.
Many services ran to Ardrossan Town station, but with the north to west link at Ardrossan no longer in existence these trains now run through to Glasgow.
|/ /1895||Largs Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Ardrossan shed [2nd] opened in the triangle of lines by Ardrossan Town.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
These sidings served a Second World War oil depot with partly buried oil storage tanks alongside the Largs branch in countryside not far to the north of Ardrossan. The oil was manufactured at the nearby Ardrossan Refinery and puimped to the site.
This is a single platform station. There are, however, two lines. The line nearest the platform is used in both directions by Glasgow-Largs trains. The same line is used by freight going to Hunterston. The other line is used by southbound trains coming from Hunterston only. A Glasgow and South Western Railway station building remains on the platform, out of use in 2017. There is a glazed ...More details
This is a single platform station.
This station, on a steamer pier, was the terminus of a short double track branch from Fairlie Pier Junction.
This is a two platform terminus station which, just to the south, continues as a single track to Fairlie. There is a small, modern, glazed station building on the east side.
Gourock to Largs Coast Through Time
Largs 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 03.12 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Old West Kilbride