This is a single platform station with a car park in the south of the village of Fairlie. From 1880 to 1882 it was the terminus of the line before it was extended to Fairlie Pier.
This was a two platform station. The main station building was on the northbound platform.
There was a goods yard to the west of the station, accessed from the south. The signal box was at the south end of the northbound platform.
The yard saw use for loading of the nuclear flasks from Hunterston Power Station before the was relocated to Hunterston Low Level Sidings. The sidings are now out of use and overgrown.
The line was singled in the run up to electrification and the up platform removed. The signal box was replaced by the Paisley Signalling Centre.
The station building survived electrification but has been removed.
Just to the north is Fairlie Tunnel.
The name changed to distinguish the station from that at Fairlie Pier.
Dalry Junction [Station]
Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier
Ardrossan Winton Pier
Ardrossan South Beach
| Fairlie Tunnel|
Fairlie Pier Junction
Hunterston Low Level Sidings
Hunterston Ore Terminal
Hunterston High Level Sidings
Hunterston Loading Bunker
Poteath Signal Box
Hunterston Power station
Cumbrae Ferry Terminal
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Gourock to Largs Coast Through Time
Largs 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 03.12 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Old West Kilbride