This junction opened in 1878 when a triangular junction opened at the south end of the Largs branch.
This was the northern apex of the triangle where lines from Castlehill Junction (the western apex by Ardrossan Town) met the lines from Ardrossan Shed [2nd] (to the south) and Holm Junction (the eastern apex by Ardrossan South Beach).
The curve from Castlehill Junction closed in 1969, the box survived until 1972.
Ardrossan South Beach
Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier
Ardrossan Winton Pier
| Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [2nd]|
Ardrossan North Goods
Ardrossan North Shed
Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [1st]
Ardrossan Harbour Signal Box
Ardrossan Western Breakwater
Montfode Fuel Depot Sidings
Ardrossan Old Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/01/1968||Largs Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Ardrossan Castlehill Junction to Parkhouse Junction closed to passengers.
|30/09/1969||Largs Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Ardrossan Castlehill Junction to Parkhouse Junction closed to freight.
Gourock to Largs Coast Through Time
Largs 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 03.12 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Old West Kilbride