Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [2nd] (1878-1966)
Opened on the Largs Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This shed was within the triangle of lines at Castlehill, just east of Ardrossan Town station and north of Ardrossan South Beach. It replaced an older shed at Ardrossan Town.
This four road double ended shed could be access from the north and east.
British Railways assigned the code 67D.
After closure the site has remained clear, as has the lifted west to north curve. There is a reversing spur on the site, accessed from Ardrossan South Beach.
Ardrossan South Beach
Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier
Ardrossan Winton Pier
Ardeer  Junction
Other railway and industry locations
Ardrossan North Goods
Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [1st]
Ardrossan North Shed
Ardrossan Western Breakwater
Ardrossan Old Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Gourock to Largs Coast Through Time
Largs 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 03.12 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Old West Kilbride