|/ /1862||Bridge of Weir Railway|
Act receives Royal assent.
|20/06/1864||Bridge of Weir Railway|
Opened from Cart Junction, Elderslie, to Bridge of Weir [1st].
|/ /1865||Bridge of Weir RailwayGlasgow and South Western Railway|
Bridge of Weir Railway absorbed by Glasgow and South Western Railway.
|01/07/1885||Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Opened from Port Eglinton Junction to Elderslie Junction. The line uses much of the former route of the Glasgow, Paisley and Ardrossan Canal, the line runs skew across a former aqueduct bridge at Paisley Hawkhead. The canal route under the main line at Elderslie was used for a link to the Bridge of Weir Railway so that Greenock Princes Pier bound trains did not have to cross the track used by Ayr to Glasgow trains. The former Port Eglinton Basin becomes the Salkeld Street Parcels depot.
These locations are along the line.
This was a large junction of which little remains today, the trackbed being a footpath. The junction was on the south bank of the Black Cart Viaduct.
This junction was north west of Cart Junction and the Linwood Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway). It gave access to the Clippens Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
This was a two platform station. The station went through a remarkable number of different names, an indication that while open it wasn't close to any particular town or village. The station was by Windyhill Farm (its first name), Crosslee was around a mile and a half to the north (the second name), and Houston was about two miles north (the third name). The fourth name name was a compromise!
This was the terminus of the Bridge of Weir Railway, opened to the south east of Bridge of Weir and south of the River Gryfe.