Bridge of Weir [1st]

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Bridge of Weir [1st] (1864-1868)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.

Opened on the Bridge of Weir Railway.

Description

This was the terminus of the Bridge of Weir Railway, opened to the south east of Bridge of Weir and south of the River Gryfe.

The line was extended to Greenock Princes Pier [1st] by the Greenock and Ayrshire Railway in 1869. Bridge of Weir [2nd], which was immediately to the south of the original terminus opened, leaving the old station on a short branch.

The original station became part of the goods yard.

Tags

Station terminus