Port Eglinton Goods

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Port Eglinton Goods (1885-1966)

Opened on the Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).


Description

This was a goods yard served from the west at Port Eglinton built on the site of the former Port Eglinton Basin. The approach to the yard was from West Street Junction [GSWR] where there was a signal box from 1885 to 1903 when control was given to the new Port Eglinton Junction signal box.

The depot closed in 1966.

03/11/2017

Tags

Goods

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map