West Street Junction [GSWR]

Location type

Junction


Name and dates

West Street Junction [GSWR] (1885-1966)

Opened on the City of Glasgow Union Railway.

Opened on the Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This junction gave access to Port Eglinton Goods from the west. The signal box here closed in 1903 when control was taken over by Port Eglinton Junction. The line and goods yard closed in 1966.

03/11/2017

Tags

Junction