This was the temporary terminus of the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway in Glasgow, used while the line was in preparation to the permanent terminus at Bridge Street. The extension to that station was elevated on arches. The extension opened to a temporary version of Bridge Street in 1840.
It was bounded by West Street to the east (a north-south running street), the Glasgow, Paisley and Ardrossan Canal to the south and land to the south of Scotland Street (east-west running) to the north.
A number of railway locations were associated with West Street.
West Street carried the Windmillcroft Quay extension of the Polloc and Govan Railway.
West Street Goods was on the Polloc and Govan Railway.
West Street Mineral Depot was on the General Terminus and Glasgow Harbour Railway.
West Street Junction [GSWR] was on the City of Glasgow Union Railway.
West Street Junction [CR] was between the Polloc and Govan Railway and the later General Terminus and Glasgow Harbour Railway.
West Street [Subway] is on the Glasgow Subway (Glasgow District Subway).
The Scotland Street Engine Works opened to north in 1840.
West Street [Subway]
Bridge Street [Subway]
Shields Road [Subway]
Shields Road [GPJ]
South Side [GB and NDR]
Shields Road [CGU]
South Side [CR]
Main Street Gorbals
Central Station Broomielaw Hoist
| Cook Street Junction|
West Street Junction [GSWR]
Port Eglinton Basin
Port Eglinton Junction
West Street Goods
Cook Street Goods
Salkeld Street Parcels Depot
Port Eglinton Goods
Cook Street Shed
Glasgow Central Power Box
Tradeston Gasworks No 3
Eglinton Street Junction
West Street Mineral Depot
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways