|/ /1896||Glasgow District Subway|
|14/12/1896||Glasgow District Subway|
Cable hauled double track circular line opened.
|02/07/1922||Glasgow District Subway|
Jointly run by Glasgow Corporation Tramways and Glasgow Subway Railway Company.
|01/08/1923||Glasgow District Subway|
Taken over by Glasgow Corporation Tramways.
|30/11/1935||Glasgow District Subway|
Cable haulage ceases.
|05/12/1935||Glasgow District Subway|
Glasgow District Subway electrified with a third rail and re-opened with a new name.
|03/03/1954||Glasgow District Subway|
Livery changes from red and cream to red.
|21/05/1977||Glasgow District Subway|
Closed for renovation.
|16/04/1980||Glasgow District Subway|
The Glasgow District Subway re-opens as the Glasgow Underground following extensive renovation and modernisation.
These locations are along the line.
This is an underground station. It is below, and a little to the east of, Partick station which is above at street level.
This is an underground station with access on the north side of Dumbarton Road, just west of the intersection with the south end of Byres Road at Partick Cross. The Kelvin Hall is about a quarter of a mile to the east along Dumbarton Road and the Kelvingrove Art Galleries and Kelvingrove Park are just beyond. The University of Glasgow is to the north east, probably better served by ...More details
This is an underground station with an entrance and ticket office on the east side of Byres Road, about a third of the way from Great Western Road south to Dumbarton Road. The station is close to the well known Ashton Lane. The station is just west of the University of Glasgow.
This underground station has access by long escalator from Great Western Road, from the east end of the bridge over the River Kelvin. At ground level there is a ticket office by the station car park, built on the site of the goods yard of the former Kelvin Bridge station.
This is an underground station on a portion of the Glasgow Subway which runs under Great Western Road. The original surface buildings in the immediate area here were destroyed in preparation for the routing of the M8, and its approaches.
This underground station has access from the north side of Cowcaddens Road. The ticket office is at ground level. The station
This underground station adjoins Glasgow Queen Street High Level and Glasgow Queen Street Low Level, both to the east and connected by a travelator to the underground station. The station is located below the north end of the pedestrianised Buchanan Street. The ticket office is below street level with a glass covered stairwell to the south and glass covered escalator to the north for ...More details