This is a closed station north of Aberdeen. It was a station and the ticket platform for Aberdeen.
The line opened as a double track in 1867.
The station closed to passengers in 1937 with the withdrawal of local trains,
The line between Aberdeen and Dyce was singled in 1971.
The line is presently single track. To the north, at Kittybrewster [2nd], it has been doubled through to Inverurie (2019) and to the south, at Aberdeen, the line is double.
The Great North of Scotland Railway based its bus services operating from Aberdeen at Schoolhill. In 1907 the Great North of Scotland Railway introduced a connecting bus service to Newburgh, 15 miles away. Other bus routes ran to Echt and Midmar, Dunecht (Skene) and Cluny.
Aberdeen Guild Street
Bridge of Don
| Schoolhill Tunnel|
Spring Garden Iron Works
Hutcheon Street Tunnel
Aberdeen Trinity Quay
Aberdeen Jamieson's Quay
Aberdeen Regent Bridge
Aberdeen Regent Quay
Aberdeen South Signal Box
Aberdeen Blaikie's Quay
Aberdeen Art Gallery
Union Terrace Gardens
Palace Hotel [Aberdeen]
Aberdeen Maritime Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1889||Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Schoolhill station and viaduct built.
|/ /1893||Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Schoolhill station opened.
|/ /1937||Deeside Railway
Aberdeen Joint (Caledonian Railway)
Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway)
Great North of Scotland Railway|
Local Aberdeen Suburban service withdrawn. Deeside - Millitimber, Murtle, Bieldside, West Cults, Pitfodels Halt, Ruthrieston, Holborn Street closed. Denburn - Schoolhill and Hutcheon Street closed. GNSR main line - Don Street, Woodside, Persley Halt, Bankhead, Stoneywood closed.
|/ /1977||Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Schoolhill station demolished.