Kittybrewster [2nd]

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Kittybrewster [2nd] (1867-1968)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.

Opened on the Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway).

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This two platform through station was opened with the Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway). It replaced Kittybrewster [1st], which was to its immediate east and located on the Aberdeen Waterloo branch.

From the southern end of the station a goods only loop crossed the Aberdeen Waterloo Extension (Great North of Scotland Railway) to serve Kittybrewster Yard to the east of the station - this reconnected to the main line at Kittybrewster Junction controlled by Kittybrewster North Signal Box.

There was a tall signal box at the south end of the station, east side of the line. The lower was built in stone and upper in timber.

The line is now singled (the southbound line was lifted), as is the Waterloo line. The northbound platform remains, out of use. Nothing else of the station remains.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map