This was a two platform station in a deep cutting to the north of Hutcheon Street. To the south the Hutcheon Street Tunnel took the line south towards Schoolhill and Aberdeen. North the line continued to Kittybrewster [2nd]. A surface level building remains on the west side of the cutting on Hutcheon Street.
The line opened as a double track in 1867.
The station closed in 1937 with the withdrawal of local trains,
Between Aberdeen and Dyce was singled in 1971.
The line is presently single track. To the north of the former station the line has been doubled through to Inverurie (2019) and to the south, at Aberdeen, the line is double.
Aberdeen Guild Street
Bridge of Don
| Hutcheon Street Tunnel|
Norco Butchers Factory
Spring Garden Iron Works
Aberdeen Trinity Quay
Aberdeen Art Gallery
Union Terrace Gardens
Palace Hotel [Aberdeen]
Aberdeen Maritime Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1937||Deeside Railway
Aberdeen Joint (Caledonian Railway)
Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway)
Great North of Scotland Railway|
Local Aberdeen Suburban service withdrawn. Deeside - Millitimber, Murtle, Bieldside, West Cults, Pitfodels Halt, Ruthrieston, Holborn Street closed. Denburn - Schoolhill and Hutcheon Street closed. GNSR main line - Don Street, Woodside, Persley Halt, Bankhead, Stoneywood closed.