Stoneywood

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Stoneywood (1887-1937)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station with no goods facilities. The platforms were north of Market Street with the waiting rooms close to the road bridge crossing the line. A stone built recess into the embankment on the west side, for the northbound waiting room, remains.

The line was singled in the 1970s and is being redoubled in 2018.

To the east was the Stoneywood Paper Works by the River Don.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map