West Cults

Location type

Station


Name and dates

West Cults (1894-1937)

Opened on the Deeside Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station served by the GNoSR's suburban service on the Deeside line. The main station building was on the eastbound platform.

The line was doubled in 1892.

The station closed in 1937 with the withdrawal of the suburban service.

The line was singled in 1951, the eastbound line being retained.

The line closed completely in 1967.

One platform remains. The railway is now a footpath and a replacement bridge - a footbridge - has been provided at east end.

Eastern Cults was served by Pitfodels station.


Tags

Station footpath

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map