Lothian Road (1848-1870)
Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
This was a terminus in Edinburgh. This was the Caledonian Railway's original terminus before being replaced with Edinburgh Princes Street which was just to the north.
After replacement, the site became the Lothian Road Goods yard.
Following closure in 1965, the site was cleared for the West Approach Road although one building survived until the 1990s.
Edinburgh Princes Street
Shandwick Place [Tram]
Princes Street [Tram]
Princes Street [1st]
St Andrew Square [Tram]
York Place [Tram]
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Lothian Road Goods
Lothian Road Shed
Princes Street Gardens Cutting
Morrison Street Goods
Dalry Junction [Edinburgh]
Princes Street Gardens
Georgian House Charlotte Square
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Beattock to Glasgow (Buchanan Street) and Edinburgh (Lothian Road) opened. The stations at Abington and Elvanfoot on its main line are used by the lead mines and villages at Leadhills and Wanlockhead.
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian