This was a single platform station with a goods yard approached from the west on the south side of line. The station building was a small timber building typical of the line.
The line closed to passengers in 1933.
Gilchriston Viaduct was to the east. This single arch bridge was washed out in 1948 making Humbie the end of the line. The line closed in 1960, cut back to Ormiston.
To the west was Highlea Siding. Humbie Viaduct was a mile and a half north west of the station, closer to Saltoun station.
A railway cottage, the loading bank and the mound of the platform remain. The trackbed is walkable to the west. To the east, beyond the Gilchriston Viaduct, it has been ploughed out.
The name Humbie applies to more of a parish area than a village. There is a Humbie House to the south west, a Humbie Mill, Humbie Wood and water courses Humbie Water and Humbie Dean.
Note that Humbie Signal Box was not here, this was located on the western approach to the Forth Bridge on the line between Winchburgh Junction and Dalmeny North Junction.
Seton Mains Halt
| Gilchriston Viaduct|
Lempock Wells Siding
Brander's Workshop Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/08/1948||Gifford and Garvald Railway|
Gifford to Humbie closed to all traffic (flood damage causes Gilchriston Viaduct collapse). Bridge not repaired and traffic carried by road from Gifford to Haddington.
|02/05/1960||Gifford and Garvald Railway|
Humbie to Saltoun (excluded) closed to freight.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Haddington, Macmerry and Gifford Branch Lines (Oakwood Library of Railway History)