Opened on the Arbroath and Forfar Railway.
This was a junction station opened on the route of the former Arbroath and Forfar Railway for the opening of the Aberdeen Railway. Guthrie Junction was to the east.
There had been a level crossing at the station, but when it became a junction the road was diverted to the east, passing under the junction itself.
This was a three platform station. The westbound platform was an island and the eastbound had a bay at the east end. The main station building was built at the west end of the eastbound platform. The building is in a style used elsewhere on the Caledonian Railway. There was a signal box at each end of the station.
The goods yard, originally on the south side, was moved to the north side and approached from the junction.
The station site is largely cleared. The station building still stands, in use as a house.
West of the station is the Guthrie Gate, an unusual combined railway bridge and gatehouse.
Other railway and industry locations
Clocksbriggs Oil Siding
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Aberlemno Cross Slab
Letham Grange Hotel
Bowman^s Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|04/12/1838||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
Leysmill to Forfar officially opened. Stations opened at: Leysmill, Friockheim, Guthrie, Auldbar Road, Clocksbriggs, Forfar (Playfield).
|05/12/1955||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
Arbroath (St Vigeans Junction) to Forfar (Guthrie Junction) closed to passengers. Colliston, Leysmill, Friockheim, Guthrie, Clocksbriggs closed.