Opened on the Arbroath and Forfar Railway.
This was a two platform station with staggered platforms. A mineral line ran from the north end of the station to the west to serve Leysmill Quarry.
The northbound platform was slightly south of the southbound platform, the platforms separated by a level crossing. There was a footbridge. Goods facilities were at the north end.
The line was singled, with only one platform remaining in use, before closure. The northbound line was retained until closure.
A station building remains, in use as a house.
Arbroath (Catherine Street)
Other railway and industry locations
Letham Mill Siding
Arbroath ^The Dens^ Siding
St Vigeans Junction
Letham Grange Hotel
St Vigeans Stones and Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|24/11/1838||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
Opened partly with horse haulage. Stations opened at: Arbroath (Catherine Street), Colliston, Leysmill.
|04/12/1838||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
Leysmill to Forfar officially opened. Stations opened at: Leysmill, Friockheim, Guthrie, Auldbar Road, Clocksbriggs, Forfar (Playfield).
|05/12/1955||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
Arbroath (St Vigeans Junction) to Forfar (Guthrie Junction) closed to passengers. Colliston, Leysmill, Friockheim, Guthrie, Clocksbriggs closed.