Letham Mill Siding

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Letham Mill Siding (-1959)

Opened on the Arbroath and Forfar Railway.


Description

This siding was north of St Vigeans Junction on the closed line to Forfar. The siding was on the east side of the line and approached from the north. Just to the north was a level crossing. There was a signal box on the east side of the line, just south of the crossing, and a trailing crossover. The siding led to the Letham Mill.

The line was singled northwards to Leysmill in 1936.

South to St Vigeans Junction closed in 1956 and the box here closed, although the siding remained in use and was now the end of a long siding from Guthrie Junction. The line north to Colliston closed in 1959.

The trackbed is now footpath.

01/08/2019

Tags

Siding signal box footpath