Opened on the Arbroath and Forfar Railway.
This was a two platform station on the Strathmore main line with the main station building on the northbound platform and a level crossing at the west end.
The station building is now in use as a house. Recent alterations have changed the appearance making the original layout less obvious; the northern portion of the building is the original.
Later an oil depot to the west of the level crossing and north of the line was served by by reversing from the east (Clocksbriggs Oil Sidings).
Other railway and industry locations
Clocksbriggs Oil Siding
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Forfar North Junction
Forfar Shed [1st]
Station Linen Works
Canmore Jute Works
Forfar South Junction
Bowman^s Level Crossing
Aberlemno Cross Slab
Loch of Forfar
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|04/12/1838||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
Leysmill to Forfar officially opened. Stations opened at: Leysmill, Friockheim, Guthrie, Auldbar Road, Clocksbriggs, Forfar (Playfield).
|01/01/1917||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
|01/06/1919||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
|05/12/1955||Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
Arbroath (St Vigeans Junction) to Forfar (Guthrie Junction) closed to passengers. Colliston, Leysmill, Friockheim, Guthrie, Clocksbriggs closed.