Guthrie Gate (1839-1967)
Opened on the Arbroath and Forfar Railway.
This is a railway bridge, dating from 1839, west of Guthrie station and south of Guthrie Castle. The line crossed over the main entry to the castle here.
The bridge was built in this style as the local landowner, Mr Guthrie, whose driveway this crossed, was opposed to the building of the railway through his land.
The bridge was to carry the double track mainline to Aberdeen until closure of the Strathmore route.
Other railway and industry locations
Clocksbriggs Oil Siding
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Aberlemno Cross Slab
Letham Grange Hotel
Bowman^s Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|