Craigie was a temporary terminus consisting of a platform erected by the Broughty Ferry Road level crossing near Craigie House. The house was to the north.
This terminus was opened to allow traffic to begin despite its distance from Dundee. Construction west was fraught with difficulties with the land itself and the ownership of the line and land.
This terminus was on a constricted site. It was never intended to be the terminus ultimately, the line was to be extended west to Carolina Port. See Trades Lane and Carolina Port Railway.
The site was 2.5 miles east of Dundee. Due to the distance passenger coaches ran to the city.
The station was closed in 1839 on extension of the line west to a new terminus Roodyards.
Much later Stannergate was to open to the west of the former terminus. The Broughty Ferry Road was lifted onto a bridge over the line.
East of this bridge was Craigie signal box. This closed in 1901 when Stannergate (and in particular its East box) opened to the west of the bridge. Further there was no level crossing requiring a gate box.
Dundee Trades Lane
Dundee Ward Road
| Tay Oilcake Works|
Broughty Ferry Shed
Carolina Port Signal Box
Broughty Ferry Goods
Maryfield Tram Depot
Dundee East Shed
Dundee East End Mineral Depot
Dundee King George V Wharf
Dundee Camperdown Dock
Dundee Victoria Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|