Roodyards

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Roodyards (1839-1840)

Opened on the Dundee and Arbroath Railway.

Opened on the Trades Lane and Carolina Port Railway.


Description

This terminus was at the south end of Roodyards Road and was approached from the east. A part of the site may be under the East Camperdown Street road bridge. This terminus replaced the temporary Craigie terminus to the east and was in turn replaced by the extension to Dundee Trades Lane.

Local

The site is named for the site of St John's Holyrood Chapel and its Rood Yard, just to the north.

11/06/2018

Tags

Station terminus

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map