This is a two platform station. It has a lattice girder footbridge (C listed). An early station building, now a house, is on the eastbound platform. It is a single storey building with some Tudor styling, plain but with a finial over a gable facing the trackbed. Originally the building backed onto a goods shed before enlargement of the goods yard around 1900.
The goods yard was on the north side of the line, approached by via a reversing spur by reversing from the eastbound platform.
When new timber station buildings were provided the larger was on the eastbound platform. The buildings were similar in style. Indeed they were similar in style to buildings at a number of locations on the Dundee and Arbroath Railway, probably built not long after the line became joint in 1880.
The eastbound platform building has been relocated and survives at Birkhill on the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway. It was used at the Glasgow Garden Festival's Heart of Scotland exhibit before the re-erection at Birkhill.
The stone built recess for the westbound building survives.
To the south of the line, and served by a reversing spur, was a jute mill and later. A foundry for textile and spinning machinery was built to the north of the line, east of the station (no siding).
The signal box was west of the station, on the south side of the line. It was closed in 1971.
There is a fine lattice footbridge over the line at Albert Street. It probably dates from around 1900. The bridge is B listed. It is an unusual footbridge being approached by lattice girder ramps on either side rather than steps.
There was a goods yard at Milton, to the west.
The station is south of the town close to the shoreline.
| Dighty Water Viaduct|
Broughty Ferry Goods
Broughty Ferry Shed
Tayport Spinning Mill Siding
Tayport Spinning Mill
Taymouth Engineering Works and Iron Foundry
Panmure Signal Box
Ardestie Earth House
Carlungie Earth House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|