Easthaven

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Easthaven (1838-1967)

Opened on the Dundee and Arbroath Railway.

Description

This was a small two platform station. The main station building was on the eastbound platform.

There was a small goods yard at the west end, accessed from the northbound line.

There was a signal box. This was at the west end of the westbound platform opposite the goods turn out.

The signal box closed in 1965 and the goods yard closed. The station closed to passengers in 1967.

Easthaven was, and is, a very small village.

Nothing remains of the station but the line remains open. Railway cottages still stand.

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map