This was a two platform station to the west of Broughty Ferry. The main building, of two storeys, was at the west end of the westbound platform and there was a waiting shelter on the eastbound platform.
There was a signal box at the east end of the eastbound platform. The box closed in 1917 but briefly reopened in 1925.
The station closed to passengers in 1967.
The main building remains in use as a house, listed 'B'. The canopy it once featured is gone but the doorways which led to the platform are still there, blocked off and unused. There is a wooden porch over the doorway at street level. Both platforms are reduced to mounds. The original entry and stone steps down to the westbound platform remain. There was no goods yard.
To the west a B listed lattice footbridge which crosses from Ogilvie Road, to the north, to the beach.
Across Douglas Terrace from the former station is the unusually extended house used in the BBC television sitcom 'Bob Servant Independent'.
Dundee Trades Lane
| Broughty Ferry Shed|
Broughty Ferry Goods
Tay Oilcake Works
Dighty Water Viaduct
Tayport Spinning Mill Siding
Tayport Spinning Mill
Carolina Port Signal Box
Maryfield Tram Depot
Dundee King George V Wharf
Dundee Camperdown Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1859||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
West Ferry opened.
|01/01/1917||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
West Ferry and Elliot Junction closed.
|01/02/1919||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
West Ferry and Elliot Junction re-opened.
|04/09/1967||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
West Ferry, Easthaven, Elliot Junction stations closed.