Opened on the Dundee and Arbroath Railway.
Opened on the Trades Lane and Carolina Port Railway.
When the line was built this was countryside and seashore with very little immediately nearby. Craigie House was to the north. By 1900 some development had begun and was encouraged by the opening of the station. The temporary terminus Craigie was to the east by a level crossing. The road was lifted onto a bridge as traffic increased.
Stannergate was a two platform station on a short section of quadruple line, no doubt useful for letting express trains pass local trains. the main station building was on the eastbound platform.
A small yard developed to the south of the station with looped sidings. Once the station closed, the westbound slow line beside the platform was lifted, redundant now that the yard existed. Station buildings were demolished in the 1930s.
Road planning in the area changed the north side of the line from no road (before the station) to Stirling Road, serving the station and some housing, to Dundee Road West a major through road.
The Tay Oilcake Works was served by a couple of sidings from the looped sidings, just to the east of the works.
The platforms, without buildings, survived for many years after closure. The loop to the north (by the former eastbound platform) and yard to the south is closed and lifted.
Dundee Trades Lane
Dundee Ward Road
Offset at Back of Law
Other railway and industry locations
Tay Oilcake Works
Maryfield Tram Depot
Dundee East Shed
Broughty Ferry Shed
Dundee Earl Grey Dock
Dundee West Goods
Dundee Ward Road Shed
Dundee Tay Bridge Shed
Newport-on-Tay Ferry Terminal
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|