This is a double track viaduct over the River Clyde.
The original 1856 single track viaduct began to fail around 1862 and was replaced.
In 1868 line opened to passengers from Ferniegair to Motherwell.
The viaduct remains open as part of the Hamilton Circle.
| Camp Colliery|
Camp Colliery Junction
Camp Colliery Pit No 2
Broomside Boiler Works
Dalzell and Broomside Colliery
Ross Yard Rock Crusher and Gantry Crane
Parkhead Colliery Pit No 7
Motherwell Tram Depot
Motherwell Colliery No 3 Watsonville Colliery
Ross South Signal Box
Motherwell Colliery Pit No 4
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1861||Coalburn Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
The Nethan Viaduct was showing signs of severe wear and tear. Later the Camp Viaduct (Ferniegair) was also showing wear. Both were rebuilt. Camp Viaduct is still in use as part of the Hamilton Circle line.