This was a goods yard on the short branch from Alloa Harbour Junction and was north of the short lived Alloa Ferry station.
Sidings fanned out on the north side of Castle Street. To the south sidings served the east side of the Alloa Glass Works site (also served by the Alloa Waggonway). Later, after a reorganisation of the glass works, additional sidings were laid west across Glasshouse Road into the works.
There was a link west across Glasshouse Loan and Caledonian Road to the competing Alloa Goods [CR] yard.
To the north was the division between the lines to Alloa Harbour and to Alloa Wet Dock and Alloa Goods [NBR]. On the east side of this junction was Alloa Harbour signal box, closed in 1922.
The branch closed in 1977/78.
Clackmannan and Kennet
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Alloa Goods [NBR]|
Alloa Goods [CR]
Alloa Glass Works
Bedford Place Tunnel
Bass Crest Brewery
Alloa Shed [CR]
Drysdale Street Tunnel
Kelliebank Bottling Stores
Forth Shipbuilding Yard
Alloa Wet Dock
Kelliebank Glass Works
Alloa Harbour Junction
Alloa Station Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1766||Alloa Waggonway|
Opened from Alloa collieries and Alloa Glass Works bottle works to Alloa Harbour by John, Earl of Mar. Alternative date 1768.
|28/08/1850||Stirling and Dunfermline RailwayForth Iron Works Railway|
Opened from Dunfermline to Alloa for passengers. A branch to Alloa Harbour station from Alloa was used for passengers travelling on to Stirling by boats along the River Forth. A connection to the Forth Iron Works Railway was made at Oakley.
Opened to the south-east of Alloa Harbour to replace Craigrie Pit.
|/03/1977||Stirling and Dunfermline Railway|
Alloa Harbour branch Alloa [1st] closed.