Alloa Goods [NBR]

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Alloa Goods [NBR] (1851-1978)

Opened on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This goods yard was on the Alloa Harbour branch. The yard was on the north side of the Alloa Harbour Junction to Alloa Wet Dock fork of the harbour branch.

Alloa Harbour box controlled the junction between the Alloa Harbour and Alloa Wet Dock branches. It was on the east side of the junction at Glasshouse Loan. The box closed in 1922.

Many sidings, serving loading banks and a goods shed, were accessed from the east, a train from Alloa Harbour Junction reversing to enter the sidings.

There was a competing goods yard at Alloa Goods [CR] and another yard at Alloa Station Goods.

The yard closed in 1977/78 when the harbour line closed.


Tags

Goods yard sidings