Latterly a tramway from Devon Colliery Furnacebank Pits 1,2 to Alloa Wet Dock and the Alloa Glass Works. The tramway crossed the railway immediately east of Alloa [1st] station (ie west of the present Alloa station).
It was one of Scotland's oldest tramways.
|/ /1766||Alloa Waggonway|
Opened from Alloa collieries and Alloa Glass Works bottle works to Alloa Harbour by John, Earl of Mar. Alternative date 1768.
|/ /1771||Alloa Waggonway|
Extended to Collyland.
|/ /1785||Alloa Waggonway|
Wooden track replaced with wood and iron strip.
|/ /1810||Alloa Waggonway|
Track replaced with cast iron.
|/ /1835||Alloa Waggonway|
Sold to the Alloa Coal Company.
|/ /1840||Alloa Waggonway|
Track replaced with malleable iron.
|/ /1940||Alloa Waggonway|
Last wagon used as a bunker for a harbour crane.
These locations are along the line.
This tunnel under Drysdale Street and Mar Street carried the Alloa Waggonway between the bridge over the the railway next to Alloa station and the route south via Bedford Place Tunnel to the Alloa Glass Works and harbour, latterly the Alloa Wet Dock.
This tunnel under Bedford Place carried the Alloa Waggonway. It is south of Drysdale Street Tunnel. It carried the waggonway south to the Alloa Glass Works and harbour, latterly the Alloa Wet Dock.