Alloa Glass Works

Location type


Name and dates

Alloa Glass Works (1750-)

Served by the Alloa Waggonway.


This glass works opened in 1750. It was service by the Alloa Waggonway which ran from the Sauchie Colliery to Alloa Harbour, opening in 1766.

An early 'glass cone' remains here, in the still active glass works.


Glass works

Chronology Dates

  /  /1766Alloa Waggonway
Opened from Alloa collieries and Alloa Glass Works bottle works to Alloa Harbour by John, Earl of Mar. Alternative date 1768.