This railway is closed. It ran from Paisley West to Barrhead Central.
This line provided the Glasgow and South Western Railway with an independent route to Barrhead as the route via Pollockshaws was jointly owned with the Caledonian Railway.
|/ /1882||Barrhead Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Potterhill Branch authorised.
|01/10/1902||Barrhead Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Barrhead Central opened.
|01/01/1917||Barrhead Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Barrhead Central closed.
|/ /1950||Barrhead Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Barrhead Central demolished.
These locations are along the line.
This was a double track junction on the Paisley Canal line between Elderslie and Paisley West. It was the western apex of a triangular junction. The eastern junction was Corsebar junction and southern Meiklerigg Junction.
This was a double track junction west of Paisley West station. The signal box was above at the top of the cutting on the south/east side of the line, north of Corsebar Road. The junction was south of the Corsebar Road overbridge.
This was a two platform station which opened as the terminus of a short branch serving Potterhill to the south of Paisley. The main station building, similar to that at Crookston, was on the eastern platform.
This junction was east of Barrhead. It opened in 1902 when the 1848 Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway was met by the Barrhead Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway) and, in particular, its curve from Blackbyres Junction [G and SW].
This junction was north east of Barrhead station. It was the junction for Barrhead Central. This was a double track junction. On the north side of the junction was the Shanks Victorian Pottery Works, served by a siding making a trailing connection to the Barrhead-Glasgow line.
This station was a terminus. It was located south of the present Barrhead station at Mill Road Square. The platform was an island with a canopy extending out from the terminus building on the square. Both platforms had run-round loops. On the north side were carriage sidings. There was a water tank at the north end of the platform.