Weighs Siding (1904-1931)
Opened on the Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway.
This location was between Locomotive Sheds Junction (to the west) and Germiston Junction High to the east on the original Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway approach to the St Rollox Depot. After the opening of Buchanan Street this became a goods only route. There were a pair of looped sidings on the north side of the line.
To the west the lines were
- entry to St Rollox Top Yard
- goods line to St Rollox Goods West and St Rollox Depot (the original passenger and goods terminus of the line)
- entry into St Rollox Works Paint Shop
to the east there were
- the main goods lines running east to Milton Junction [Glasgow]
- exchange sidings for the Provan Gas Works
Running round the north of all of this were the approach to Buchanan Street, Sighthill East Goods and the St Rollox Works.
There was a signal box at Weighs siding between 1904 and 1931 (when the Locomotive Sheds Junction Signal Box]] also closed. The box was on the south side of the line just east of where the City of Glasgow Union Railway passed underneath.
St Rollox [2nd]
St Rollox [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Sighthill East Junction [1st]
St Rollox Works Shed
St Rollox Top Yard
Germiston Junction Low
Sighthill Yard Junction
Sighthill Goods Junction
Germiston Junction High
St Rollox Works Paint Shop
St Rollox Goods East
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|