This station was a two platform station on a double track railway. The main station building on the up (eastbound) platform remains in use as a house. This is two storey with a single storey to west and east. The east end features a bay window looking out over the station. The trackbed has been infilled. Portions of the platforms remain intact at the west end.
To the west of the station was Sprouston Junction, an end-on junction where the Kelso Branch (North British Railway) met the English company^s line.
The station was briefly a terminus while the line between here and Wallace Nick, a temporary station to the west of Kelso, was completed. Probably this was due to the viaduct at Kelso being incomplete.
The line was single at the end, only the eastbound track remained.
| Sprouston Junction|
West Learmouth Viaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1849||Kelso Branch (York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway)|
Opened from Tweedmouth to Sprouston. Velvet Hall, Norham, Cornhill, Carham and Sprouston opened.
|04/07/1955||Kelso Branch (York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway)|
Local stations closed. Velvet Hall, Twizell, Sunilaws, Carham, Sprouston closed. Tweedmouth, Norham and Coldstream remain open.