Opened on the Buckie and Portessie Branch (Highland Railway).
This was a single platform station with a goods yard to the east of the station, served from the north. Rathven itself is to the north east.
The platform was on the east side of the line. It had a Highland Railway timber station building, similar to that found elsewhere on the company's lines such as at Burghead [2nd]. There was a small box, opened in 1884 with the line, at the north end of the platform.
The station's goods yard handled traffic, particularly coal, for the nearby Inchgower Distillery.
The Seafields, of Cullen House, preferred this station to Cullen, despite the latter being closer to their house.
The station closed in 1915 as a wartime economy. Track was lifted in 1918. Although later relaid the line did not reopen and was dismantled again in 1937.
The station site is largely vacant, partly built over. Railway cottages survive on the west side of the former station.
Other railway and industry locations
Cullen Burn Viaduct
Cullen North Deskford Street Bridge
Cullen Castle Street Viaduct
Cullen Seafield Street Viaduct
Tugnet Ice House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|