The harbour was served by a short branch which extended north from Portsoy [1st] to the quaysides. This line bypassed the terminus on its east side. This was a steep line, its operation was limited to one wagon in transit at a time.
The line terminated alongside the southern quayside of the Old Harbour. There was a siding to the south (approached from the south and on the west side) parallel with Low Street.
The harbour line closed in 1888. This was shortly after the Moray coast line was completed, in 1886, the new line serving far superior harbours elsewhere, such as Cluny Harbour at Buckie [GNSR].
The trackbed remains well preserved and has substantial cuttings. The culverted 'Soy' passes underneath the northern portion of the line. The trackbed is now a footpath.
Golf Club House Halt
| Portsoy Harbour Junction|
Cullen Seafield Street Viaduct
Cullen Castle Street Viaduct
Cullen North Deskford Street Bridge
Cullen Burn Viaduct
Macduff (Banff) Shed
Inverboyndie Level Crossing
Temple of Venus
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|30/07/1859||Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway|
Line opened (including Portsoy Harbour); stations at Knock, Cornhill, Tillynaught, Ladysbridge, Banff and Portsoy [1st]. Conditional halts were at Barry [GNSR], Ordens and Millegan.
|/ /1874||Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway|
Portsoy Harbour branch closed.
|/ /1910||Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway|
Portsoy Harbour branch dismantled.