Buckie [GNSR] (1886-1968)
Opened on the Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station.
The main station building, stone built, was on the eastbound platform. The presented a single storey to the platforms and two stories to the north side. There was a Great North of Scotland Railway style timber building on the westbound platform.
The goods yard was to the east of the station on the north side of the line and approached from the east. This had a generous loading platform and goods shed as the fishing harbour, Cluny Harbour, is just to the north of the station site.
As a potentially busy section, the line was double track from the west end of Buckie station through to the east end of Portessie [GNSR] station, to the east. Buckie station had a signal box at each end.The Highland Railway could reach the GNSR sidings by using reversing sidings at Findochty Junction.
Little now remains of the station, although a blue totem marks the spot. The remains of the station footbridge remain at its south end and the footpath up to the town from the station still exists. The site of the goods yard is partly developed.
Other railway and industry locations
Cullen Burn Viaduct
Cullen North Deskford Street Bridge
Cullen Castle Street Viaduct
Cullen Seafield Street Viaduct
Tugnet Ice House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Banff, Moray and Nairn's Lost Railways
|Moray Coast Railways|
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway