This was a single platform station with the platform on the south side of the line. The building was a typical GNSR wooden design.
There was a goods yard on the south side, approached from the east. This was closed before complete line closure.
A signal box opened with the line. It was opposite the goods yard turn out on the north side of the line.
The box closed in 1896 and a ground frame installed.
The line closed in 1968.
Part of the station site remains, a bowling green to the south occupies much of the site.
The trackbed is now the National Cycle Route 1 .
| Portgordon Maltings|
Fochabers Town Shed
Cullen Burn Viaduct
Cullen North Deskford Street Bridge
Tugnet Ice House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|21/07/1863||Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway|
Extension from Portsoy [2nd] to Portgordon authorised.
|01/05/1886||Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Tochieneal to Garmouth opened. Stations opened: Cullen, Portknockie, Findochty, Portessie [GNSR], Buckie [GNSR], Nether Buckie, Portgordon and Fochabers [GNSR].
Banff, Moray and Nairn's Lost Railways
|Moray Coast Railways|
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway