This was a two platform station, with a passing loop, on a single track line. The platforms were slightly staggered. the main station building was on the eastbound (town side) station.
There was a small goods yard on the north side, east end of the station, accessed from the east.
There was a signal box at each end. The west box was at the west end of the eastbound platform and east box at the east end of the westbound platform, opposite the goods yard. Both opened in 1886.
The east box was replaced after a fire in 1892. The west box closed in 1927, replaced by the east box.
The station, box and line closed in 1968.
The station site is now station court and a station cottage remains to the north.
The harbour at Portknockie is to the north, reached by a road which zig-zags down to reach the quaysides.
| Cullen Burn Viaduct|
Cullen North Deskford Street Bridge
Cullen Castle Street Viaduct
Cullen Seafield Street Viaduct
Portsoy Harbour Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/05/1886||Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Tochieneal to Garmouth opened. Stations opened: Cullen, Portknockie, Findochty, Portessie [GNSR], Buckie [GNSR], Nether Buckie, Portgordon and Fochabers [GNSR].
Banff, Moray and Nairn's Lost Railways
|Moray Coast Railways|
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway