This station was located at Bush, south of Lauriston Castle. The station had a passing loop, two slightly staggered platforms (the west/southbound platform being slightly to the east) and a goods yard at the east end of the station, on the north side of the line approached from the west. The signal box (1893) was at the east end of the westbound platform.
The signal box closed in 1927, replaced with a ground frame. The station closed in 1951 and the line closed altogether in 1966.
The station site is now a caravan park. A railway cottage, which stood immediately to the northeast of the station building, remains standing.
Charles Alexander, of Charles Alexander Transport, built his house at Bush using the stone taken from the demolition of Cruden Bay Hotel.
North Water Bridge Halt
Birnie Road Siding
| Denfinella Viaduct|
North Water Bridge Viaduct
Montrose North Junction
Montrose Shed [NBR]
Montrose [CR] Timber Yard
Montrose Shed [CR]
Montrose West Quay
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/11/1865||Montrose and Bervie Railway|
Line opened with stations at Broomfield, St Cyrus, Lauriston, Johnshaven, Gourdon, Bervie.
|01/10/1951||Montrose and Bervie Railway|
Inverbervie to Montrose (Broomfield Junction) closed to passengers. North Water Bridge, St Cyrus, Lauriston, Johnshaven, Birnie Road Siding, Gourdon, Inverbervie closed.
The Montrose & Bervie Railway: A Study of Transport in South-East Kincardineshire 1770-1966