St Cyrus (1865-1951)
Opened on the Montrose and Bervie Railway.
This was a single platform station on the west side of the single track Montrose to Inverbervie railway.
There was a goods yard to the south, on the west side of the line, and approached from the south. This had a short loop within the yard.
The brick and timber station building, typical of the line, has not survived.
Much of the station has been obliterated with recent house building, but the railway cottage remains. Part of the platform (difficult to detect with infilling of the trackbed) and road overbridge to the north have survived.
North Water Bridge Halt
Birnie Road Siding
Bridge of Dun
Other railway and industry locations
North Water Bridge Viaduct
Montrose North Junction
Montrose Shed [NBR]
Montrose [CR] Timber Yard
Montrose Shed [CR]
Montrose West Quay
Montrose Wet Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|